I'm surprised no one has mentioned the major changes to the CCIE program
that the new "Communications and Services" and "Security" tracks will make.
I suppose that many people are pretty far down the Routing and Switching
track.

Looking at the new tracks, the most notable changes seem to be:

1.  There will be 8 different alternative written tests for the
Communications & Services track based on what area of specialization you
pursue.  The half of the written test called "General Knowledge" is similar
to the R&S written test.

2.  The Lab test for the "C&S" track will test only the common parts of the
track and is primarily a subset of the Routing and Switching Lab Exam.  Two
items mentioned in the C&S track but not the R&S track are MPLS/VPN and QoS.
The lab rack is the same for R&S and C&S.  Hopefully, this means the backup
for getting a Lab Exam won't be getting even longer.

3.  The Security written test is much different than any previous CCIE
written, but the lab rack includes the same 6 devices listed in the R&S
track as well as a PIX and other security software.

I wonder how the new tracks will be viewed by R&S CCIEs already out there?

Anybody have any comments, corrections or insights?