Not that its at all helpful in this situation, but ip classless, much like bgp
synchronization, fall into the category of commands that simply defy understanding
when presented with test criteria.  One must keep in mind that these are
implementations of code that sometimes are not 100% reflective of what the designer
intended.  On the other hand, just when you think the code is flawed, you find out
that you truly misunderstood the feature in the first place :)

The end result is generally frustration or increased understanding, or sometimes both
in that order.

Pete