From: Kurt Sherman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 8:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Missing dynamic dialer maps using dialer profiles

Greetings,

I'm using dialer profiles for DDR configuration.  I can successfully setup
the ISDN call and interfaces are up/up on both ends.

However, I'm getting an "encapsulation failed" message when trying to ping
the remote interface IP address. This is obviously the failure of the router
to get a MAC address for the dialer interface.

Using dialer profiles, I do not need dialer map statements.  However, when I
issue "sh dialer map", there are no entries indicating that dynamic map
statements are not being generated.

Any ideas?

The caller is a 1604 running 11.2(8)P and the called is a 3640 running
12.0(8).

Kurt