On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 08:11:19PM -0500, Russ Kreigh wrote:
> The line "System returned to ROM by power-on" bothers me, do I have a
> problem with my router? I think it appears to be running from ROM, is this
> true?
[snip]
> System returned to ROM by power-on
[snip]

The "returned to ROM by power-on" line is normal, it indicates the router was
rstarted alst when it was physically turned on, as opposed to a crash or manual
reload. The router has booted out of flash, not ROM, this is the important line:

> System image file is "flash:/c2500-i-l.121-2.bin"

If the router was running from ROM, the prompt would be rommon (ROM Monitor mode)
and standard IOS commands wouldn't work.

--
Ryan O'Connell - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time