I hope someone can explain this because I am a lost here. I have the CIT
r Support book from the CIT support class put on by Cisco. Basically it
has like a bunch of slides in the book for you to follow along in class
and take notes from the instructor. Well we came across one slide that I
did not understand to well of how Cisco came up with this below is a
duplicate of the slide.
------------------------------------
Router#debug frame-relay events
Serial0(i) : dlci 500(0x7c41), pkt type 0x800, datagramsize 24
Serial1(i) : dlci 1023(0xfcf1), pkt type 0x309, datagramsize 13

The Frame Relay packets received on serial 0 DLCI 500 are type IP on
10-Mbps nets with 24-byte size
The Frame Relay packets received on serial1 DLCI 1023 are ANSI LMI
messages with 13-byte size

Note: Use this command on network with fewer than 25 packets per second
due to the debug command's processing and output generation costs.

Now on to my question I understand how they say DLCI 500 traffic is type
IP by 0x800 due to my sniffer experience and how they say DLCI 1023 are
ANSI LMI 0x309. But what in the heck and how in the heck due they say
DLCI 500 are type IP on 10Mbps nets. What am I missing here?

Thank you