John,
 Here is an example of an ISL encap. interface cofig. for a 7513 cisco router running
12.0.  Note: the accompanying config. on the Cat.5500:

7513 Configuration

>interface FastEthernet 3/0/0.70
> description XYZ College VLAN 70 10Mb-Full-Duplex Ethernet Connection
> bandwidth 100000
> ip address X.X.X.X X.X.X.X
> no ip redirects
> no ip directed-broadcast
> encapsulation isl 70
> no ip split-horizon eigrp XXXX
>exit
>ip route X.X.X.X X.X.X.X FastEthernet 3/0/0.70

>Catalyst 5500 Configuration

>set vlan 70 name VLAN XYZ type ethernet mtu 1500 said 100070 state active
>#module 4 : 24-port 10/100BaseTX Ethernet

>set vlan 70            4/3

>set port speed         4/3 10
>set port duplex        4/3 full
>set port name          4/3 XYZ College FastLane

G'Day all

I would like to know (if possible) the command for setting the
encapsulation type on my E0.1 interface to ISL or something like that so
I can start messing around with my VLAN config. I am running IOS 12 on a
1603 series router (not sure if the commands are valid on this series of
router)

Thanks for any input regarding VLAN sub interface commands.

JohnnyB

Sydney Australia
--
Paul Holloway CCNA, CCDA