I also have used the BR340 series bridges and very pleased with them so far.
I don't know where Avran came up with the 7Mb number, but we typically get
11Mb on most installations.  Cisco claims 11Mb up to 18miles (theoretical,
which probably never happens) and down to 1 Mb up to 25 miles.  If the end
points are close enough, this does make an excellent primary circuit, while
being much cheaper over the long haul.

Please note: I have had no problems with atmospheric interference, but you
do have to be sure that there is available frequency range(s) available in
your area.  Otherwise, you will have signal crossover, which is a bad thing.
You also have to be aware of new construction potentially blocking your path
in the future.  One last word: be sure to get the proper antenna.  This can
make you or break you!

Rik