We have DNS serve with the conduit below open ,
however someone used our DNS server to do ftp...
conduit permit udp host    x.x.1.42 eq domain any

I am relatively new to PIX. I have concerns regarding our security and am in
the process of learning an cleaning some conduits in my config. According to
PIX documentation ,   the commands below offer additional security,. Is it a
good idea to enable these commands, and would they provide extra level of
security, whats the tradeoff of enablilng them ?

no sysopt security fragguard
no sysopt connection enforcesubnet
no sysopt connection timewait
sysopt connection tcpmss 1460

Are ther other commands that could help to tweak up security on a general...
Mo Durrani
IS&T
WYSE\EDS
phone:408-473 1246