----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Snyder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> I was upgrading the flash on a 1600 yesterday.  The image was on a 4 meg
> flash and the new card was 16 megs.
>
> I thought no problem, I'll stick both pcmcia cards into my laptop and cut
> and paste the image.  Well as you can guess, Windows 2000 doesn't have
> drivers for these cards.  I ended up tftp'ing the image over.
>
> I know a bit about computers, and there's no reason that a laptop couldn't
> read  (any) pcmcia flash filesystem.
>
> I do it with sandisk's from another vendor (TopLayer) all the time.
>
> Anyone know the where abouts of the needed drivers for reading these
cards?
> I checked the www.smartm.com website with no luck.

The flash cards are truly flash cards, and not ATA compatible or something
along those lines. The format is even different from Cisco device to Cisco
device. One of the engineers on the Nanog list wrote a linux program which
can read the cards, but hasn't gone into the writing portion. The 7200
supports the ATA Flash Disks, from Sandisk. They will even support the IBM
1GB Compact Flash cards in PCMCIA carriers. But, I'm not sure if they
supports a compatible format between a PC and a router.

David C Prall   [EMAIL PROTECTED]   http://dcp.dcptech.com