netbsd is the most portable of the free nixes, thatd be the one to expect,
if one could do it.

        Brian Whalen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Waguespack" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: linux on a 2500 ? Was: Programming under IOS

> You can run Linux on a 2500? I searched the archive for more details..
didn't find any, anyone got a link?

> -Eric
>
> Karen E Young wrote:
>
> > Chee Leong,
> >
> > There really isn't a need to write an external interface method (such as
sockets) when one already exists.

> > Most, if not all, of what you're asking for is available via SNMP. If
you really want to write a program to obtain this info all you need to do is
write one to issue SNMP GETs for the info you want to obtain, collect the

> > Perl is a pretty good choice for something like this and it seems to me
that I ran across something in Visual Basic that would let you do it too.

> > Hope this helps,
> >
> >         Karen Young

Cisco
> > >router. (Except you can run Linux on 2500s, but that's probably not
what
> > >you're after)

[EMAIL PROTECTED]