Well I've watched this thread for a couple of days and hoped someone else
would find the right answer (I didn't feel like digging).  I knew I had
seen something about this on my local Linux user group list several months
ago.  Unfortunately I couldn't find it in my mail archives, bookmarks,
general web searches or elsewhere.  After asking my local LUG for help and
then some more searching, here is the link to the uclinux-cisco project
(uclinux is a project for running linux on embedded system, uclinux-cisco
is a port to the cisco platform, 2500 series mostly)
There is source (~56MG) and several percompiled binaries.
   http://www.mcvax.org/~koen/uClinux-cisco2500/
Neat idea, and I do want to play with some of the precompiles kernels, but
I really have to ask myself, WHY?

What is the problem being solved by running linux on such an expensive
(for what you get) platform?

Any ideas, the web site seemed lacking in this kind of info.

Oh well, some of the most enjoyable things are done just for the hell of
it.

Matt Wehland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
MCSE CCNA