Regarding your problem, Gary, just get on the phone with that ISPs tech
support and don't let the engineer off the line until they've removed the
filter.  I had to battle an engineer at UUNET to get him to double-check
their filters as my Sprint blocks weren't getting seen through their AS.
When he finally did, he found a few problems, and once corrected I could
seem them at cerf & oregon (which, btw, are great BGP looking-glass
resources):

telnet://route-views.oregon-ix.net
telnet://route-server.cerf.net

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+