Depends on how long the SOA says to cache it.  RFCs state that only a
minimum of 2 days has to be supports (so even if someone sets 1 hour, many
DNS admins won't honor it).

C:\>nslookup -q=soa artoo.net
Server:  c3p0.internal.artoo.net
Address:  192.168.45.14

artoo.net
        primary name server = r2.artoo.net
        responsible mail addr = jroysdon.artoo.net
        serial  = 2001022603
        refresh = 3600 (1 hour)
        retry   = 900 (15 mins)
        expire  = 43200 (12 hours)
        default TTL = 86400 (1 day)

Hmm, I need to bump that back up to a week.  We changed IPs a bit ago and I
had it decreased to facilitate the cutover.

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+