Hi

Sorry to hear you did not make it thru the first time around.

I have followed your expeirence from close to the start of your list
partisipation. I have not kept pace with you, but really I don't know too
many people with drive of Chuck Larrieu either!! I have learned much from
your questioning and answers, thanks for the input, both here and on the lab
list.

I sniped most of your report below with the exception of point #5. I have
been trying to form a picture of the lab, trying to make it a part of me
that I visit on a regular basis. When I was in Taekwon-Do I found that the
more time I spent in visualization the better I got. It goes beyond just
"seeing it", but a total emersion in the expeirence. And this is what I have
been trying to do with the lab, so a little more detail will help me fill
out my vision... NDA permiting, what can be asked of the proctor?

TIA
--
John Hardman CCNP MCSE

""Chuck Larrieu"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
000d01c0bfcc$08c90800$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:000d01c0bfcc$08c90800$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Hey, everyone, how you all been?
>
> The short story is I did not make it to day 2. The rest of this is a bit
> long winded, and easily skipped.
>
> First of all, I was quite pleased to find upon reading through my Day 1
> scenario that there was nothing I couldn't do, given time. There are
plenty
> of practice labs from several different sources which cover all the core
> topics, so there were no surprises for me.
>
> Secondly, I was quite pleased when during my review of Day 1 results with
> the proctor,  he told me they were going to change the written instruction
> on a particular section because of the solution I used. I'm actually quite
> surprised it hasn't been done before. I was grudgingly given points,
> although I was told my solution was definitely not what they had in mind.
>
> However, in the end,  it was a few simple omissions that cost me the
points
> I would have needed to squeak into Day 2.
>
> Only one of the six of us who began together was invited to the second
day.

> Things I learned:

<--Snip-->

> 5) Good rapport with the proctor is helpful. I was able to get the
> information I needed by carefully wording my questions and making sure
that
> my desired result was understood. The proctor is under a bit of stress
> himself, with so many folks vying for his attention. He may think you are
> asking something you are not. I made sure that if I was not getting an
> answer that made sense that I clarified my request, so that the answer was
> one that helped me understand.  I will say also that the test I saw was
> reasonably clear. The questions I had tended to be the result of outputs
> from various show and debug commands, to clarify what the expectation was.

<--Snip-->