>Hi:
>
>In a multihomed scenario, is there any alternative of
>prepanding, to force internet community to prefer one
>service provide on another ?
>
>What if the client always want to use one path, and
>the other path in case of catastrophe only ?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Khalid

I'm not sure what you mean by the client. If you mean the AS that
originates the prefix advertisement, even if it prepends, that
affects preference. It doesn't force anything.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "community."  If you refer to the
global routing system, you can't force it to do anything.  If you are
referring to the BGP community attribute, it doesn't inherently have
any conditional control.

It sounds as if you want conditional advertisement:  advertise the
prefix to the backup only if the primary is unreachable.