Just to add to that. Not sure where you are Gabriel, but 3DES also available
in UK, but license must be applied for.
Not sure which countries have the restrictions and which don't. Presumably,
the countries whose governments have cracked it will allow it  (oops - men
in dark suits outside my door - got to go)

""W. Alan Robertson""  wrote in message
006001c0bdd6$f5f37cc0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:006001c0bdd6$f5f37cc0$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Gabiel,
>
> I believe it's due to export restrictions.
>
> Cisco cannot distribute strong encryption unilaterally.  The easing of
ITAR
> restrictions last year (or maybe in '99) stated that you could export
stong
> encryption if you released the source, and notified the Dept. of Commerce
of the
> location.  Since Cisco has not released their source, and probably never
will,
> they must verify that the end-user is eligible to recieve any version of
IOS

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/iosw/iore/iomjre121/prodlit/1064_pp.h
> > there are several IPSec 3DES images listed, which are not available in
the
> > download section:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Software/Iosplanner/Planner-tool/iosplanner.cgi
?

get_crypto=&data_from=&hardware_name=1720&software_name=&release_name=&major