Turtle,

   1- Be sure to have specific IP address in the ip helper-address statement
(i.e. 10.1.1.254).
   2- Have a DHCP scope setup on the DHCP server for each network you want
DHCP supported.
    3- If the client station connect via switch ports be sure to enable
spantree portfast (only on endstation ports - not router or switch connected
ports)
    4- If client fails to negotiate an address, static define IP on a
station and test routing (ping the DHCP server)

Good luck.

""Turtle""  wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I need advice on the following config
>
> interface fa0/0.1
> ! DHCP Server segment (Server IP = 10.1.1.254)
> ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0
> encapsulation 10
> !
> interface fa0/0.2
> ! Engineering Department
> ip address 10.1.2.1 255.255.255.0
> encapsulation 20
> ip helper-address 10.1.1.0
> !
> interface fa0/0.3
> ! Accounting Department
> ip address 10.1.3.1 255.255.255.0
> encapsulation 30
> ip helper-address 10.1.1.0
> !
> interface fa0/0.4
> ! R & D Department
> ip address 10.1.3.1 255.255.255.0
> encapsulation 40
> ip helper-address 10.1.1.0
>

> My DHCP server will reside in VLAN 10 and all other users will reside in
> VLAN 20, 30 & 40
>
> Is it possible to have the DHCP server to issue the correct IP to the
> respective VLANs?
>
> E.g. if VLAN 20 user power up the PC, he will get 10.1.2.5 (dynamic - as
an
> example) and VLAN 30 user will get 10.1.3.2 (dynamic - as an example)
using