At 11:34 AM 4/10/01 -0400, you wrote:
>Can anyone tell me where I can find the pinout info on creating a DB9
>(female) to RJ-45 (male) cable for T/R? Thanks.

Console jack pin layout
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/fhubs/bmmicg/bmmconn.htm

It is an issue of mapping a PC's serial port pin layout with the proper
pins on the Console jack.

PC serial port pin layout
http://vbmhome.cjb.net/

1->7
2->4
3->3
4->1
5->5
6->2
7->6
8->8

I bought some modular DB9F/RJ45F jacks.  (yes, it is female, since you hook
a Cat5 into the jack).

The way this layout works is, you get the "first" pin of your Cat5 (as in,
you get the pin that corresponds to the first wire of the Cat5) and hook it
into pin 7 of your jack.  Your second pin of the Cat5 goes to pin 4 of the
jack.  I bought my jacks from www.cablesdirect.com, although it should not
matter, by no means do I vouch for this 100%, it works for me, but your
mileage may vary.  So the chart reads "input to output".

Use a standard roll over and it should be fine.  I DO have pin layouts so
you can use straight throughs instead of roll overs.  ;)  But to avoid
confusion and keep things the "Cisco" standard, this should be enough.

-Carroll Kong