In the future, please use a suitable description in your Subject header. In
your case,
"3661 async dialout" would go a long way in helping group members sort
through the
topics they are interested in. Thanks.

Perhaps you could supply some more info on the problem. The more detailed
information
you provide, the more likely someone will be able to help you.

For example - what hardware are you using? NM-30DM? Or maybe external
modems? What kind
of modem?

I've noticed that some external modems don't like "modem autoconfigure
discovery" but
require a specific model, as in "modem autoconfigure type usr_sportster".

Another thing to consider is that the Cisco IOS dial-out is really designed
for DDR. You
probably should revisit that concept, along with Howard Berkowitz's maxim
"What problem
are you trying to solve?" If you insist on having a point-to-point modem
line as your
WAN connection you need to think about what "interesting" traffic will keep
the line up
all the time.

Hamid wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying to make my 3661 Router to Dial out on an ASYNC line PERMANENTLY
> for my uplink . I have not set any access lists and below is the
> configurations.(I couldn't even make the router Dial).
>
> Can anyone tell me what I have to Change or add :
>
> !
> line 208
>  no exec
>  script startup Dial
>  script dialer Dial
>  script reset Reset-Modem
>  modem InOut
>  modem autoconfigure discovery
>  transport input all
>  stopbits 1
>  flowcontrol hardware
> !
> chat-script Dial "" "AT" "OK" "ATDT\T" TIMEOUT 60 "CONNECT"
> chat-script Reset-Modem "" "ATZ" "OK"
> !
> interface Async208
>  description Used for Dial-out
>  ip address negotiated
>  no ip directed-broadcast
>  encapsulation ppp
>  dialer in-band
>  dialer string 2845904
>  dialer-group 1
>  async default routing
>  async mode dedicated
>  no peer default ip address
>  ppp pap sent-username hamiddddd password 7 051F031C325F5D1A0A160406
> end

Jonathan Hays
Acropolis Systems, Inc.
(408) 935-3016