In article , "Hunt Lee"
 wrote:

See inline.

> I'm really confused for the following terms.  I've read the BSCN book on
> p398 - 402 many many times, but I'm still very lost.  Can anyone please
> tell me what's the difference between:
>
> 1)    Default Routes from All providers

You receive 0.0.0.0 routes from multiple providers so you don't have any
specific routes except for your network.

> 2)    Customer & Default Routes from AS providers

You receive 0.0.0.0 routes and all other routes that originate from the
providers AS (providers internal routes).  This will route traffic coming
from customers of this provider back to the provider.  All other traffic
will get balanced out both providers.

> 3)    Full Routes from All providers

Here you have all known routes being send to you.  This provides the best
routing outbound for customer connections, but requires a great deal of
memory because of the number of routes (75,000 +) in the tables.