Ruddy,

   If I understand the question (not necessarily a true statement):
        When the DHCP client (PC host) comes up it will send a broadcast for
DHCP service, the vlan router will see the request packet and forward the
request to the DHCP server using the IP helper address setup in the
interface config.  When the request is sent it indicates to the DHCP server
which network this request is coming from and the DHCP will search the
available scopes and select the scope that is for the requesting network.
The server offer will be returned to the router which in turn sends it to
the original requestor at which time the conversation becomes a unicast
between the DHCP client and server.

    On the other hand if you are trying to reserver a specific IP within a
scope for a specific PC host it must be setup on the DHCP server with the
clients macaddr as a M-DHCP (manual dhcp).  The conversation occurs as
before except on a specific IP will be returned that satifies the
macaddr -to- IP reservation setup on the DHCP server.

    Repost with clarifications if this has not help resolve the issue.