Dear Group,

I have a small query:

Is it advisable to disable broadcast on all the ports of switches. I have 3
catalyst series 6509/5500/5505 in my network running all the WINNT servers
4.0
with all win98/win95 as clients. With the help of CWSI I have observed that
many a times the broadcast increases very much & I experience lot of response
delay in my network.
can I use the command:

switch> (enable)# set port broadcast 0%

Will this put any impact on my network like nodes won't be able to talk to
server ....or problem in finding the servers. I have also created VLAN's in
my
network to limit the broadcasts. Should I doit on all the ports...

many thanks in advance
HP