From: Sammi [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2001 5:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Ethernet vs. Fast Ethernet [7:515]

Ok, very basic question, I apologize.
I know 10/100 is ethernet/fast ethernet, but what is the compatibility
issues? If you have a 10/100 device configured for ethernet (say a
2900xl switch) will it only go at 100 if specifically configured for
Fast Ethernet?
I can't find any literature that clearly spells the distinctions and
considerations.