On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Paul Borghese wrote:

> We need some ideas on how to block spam more efficiently.  Any suggestions?

Here's some bookmarks I have. I'm sure others can toss their own.

Disclaimer: The information below is geared toward traditional MTAs.
Some or all of it may be irrelevant or unworkable for HTML form-based
posting.

For specific how-to ways and spamblock services (some free, some
paying), see:

http://mail-abuse.org/rbl/
http://mail-abuse.org/dul/
http://mail-abuse.org/rss/

For more general how-to information:

http://www.brettglass.com/spam/paper.html
http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/cgi-bin/rfc/rfc2505.html
http://spam.abuse.net/tools/mailblock.html

Adapt based on the MTA software you use and the steps you already took.

--
"Someone approached me and asked me to teach a javascript course. I was
about to decline, saying that my complete ignorance of the subject made