Ouch, it hurts my head trying to read that page!    I think I saw that
page when I was searching CCO for uses of the virtual token ring interface.
It appears to be used in SNASw, but a previous post gave me the impression
that it could somehow be used for more basic token ring study.  The specific
context was that we could avoid buying token ring routers if we used this
other method.

>From what I've read so far, I still don't see how that is very feasible and
I was hoping someone out there had done this before.  I'll have to read the
CertificationZone paper again and look for that specifically.

Thanks all!

John

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/ibm_
|  c/bcprt2/bcdovnet.htm
|
|  CCO has several pages about virtual token-ring interfaces. They had
|  something else in mind apparently, when developing the concept. But it
may
|  well be adaptable to a home-lab situation.
|
|  Chuck

Raul
|  F. Fernandez
|  Sent:        Saturday, April 14, 2001 9:17 AM
|  To:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  Subject:     RE: Virtual Token Ring Interface [7:519]
|
|  I believe one of the papers in the certificationzone.com talks about
this.
|  In fact it is the Token Ring paper. DUH!
|
|  Raul

DC
|  MAN, but ya gotta be hooked to the physical to take part.
|
|  Phil

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/