Committed Information Rate.  Read up on Frame Relay if you want to pick up
what we're talking about.

Step-by-step for those new to CCO:
http://cisco.com
Technical Support Help -- Cisco TAC
Technologies
WAN Frame Relay
http://cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/PSP/psp_view.pl?p=Internetworking:Frame_Re
lay

Once you've read up on a topic, check out some sample configs (starting at
the TAC link above):
Install & Configure
TAC Technical Tips/Sample Configurations
WAN Technologies
Frame Relay http://cisco.com/warp/public/125/index.shtml

I think the best thing anyone looking to pursue a Cisco career is to learn
CCO, specifically TAC and the UniverCD sections.  It's all there, and free.
I'd also suggest getting a CCO login as not everything is available to the
public (but all the basic items are).  They're also free, and if you don't
work for a Cisco partner, you can sign up as a consultant.
http://www.cisco.com/register/help/consultant.htm
http://www.cisco.com/register/

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

""Victim""  wrote in message
> what is CIR?
>
> "Jason J. Roysdon"  wrote in message
> > However, one thing to consider is that CIR at any given point doesn't
mean
> > that you have that end-to-end CIR.  Of course, without at least having
the
> > port speed at your given CIR, you'll never go faster, but having the
local
> > FR switch's CIR from 'show frame map' is useful.
> >
> > Consider this:
> > PFI-LIV-3640#sh frame map
> > Serial3/0.20 (up): point-to-point dlci, dlci 20(0x14,0x440), broadcast,
BW
> =
> > 64096
> >           status defined, active
> > Serial3/0.22 (up): point-to-point dlci, dlci 22(0x16,0x460), broadcast,
BW
> =
> > 64000
> >           status defined, active
> > Serial3/0.19 (up): point-to-point dlci, dlci 19(0x13,0x430), broadcast,
BW
> =
> > 128000
> >           status defined, active
> > Serial3/0.18 (up): point-to-point dlci, dlci 18(0x12,0x420), broadcast,
BW
> =
> > 384000
> >           status defined, active
> > Serial3/0.17 (up): point-to-point dlci, dlci 17(0x11,0x410), broadcast,
BW
> =
> > 128000
> >           status defined, active
> > Serial3/0.23 (up): point-to-point dlci, dlci 23(0x17,0x470), broadcast,
BW
> =
> > 64000
> >           status defined, active
> > Serial3/0.21 (up): point-to-point dlci, dlci 21(0x15,0x450), broadcast,
BW
> =
> > 64096
> >           status defined, active
> >
> > What's the total CIR for Serial3 into the cloud?  If you total it, it's
> > 896K.  That's way over-provisioned as this customer only has 8 64K CIR
> (128K
> > BE) links, which means the max they can pump CIR from the endpoints is
512
> > CIR.  With Burst it's 1024, but since the far ends are guaranteed
anything
> > beyond CIR, it's not really that worth while.
> >
> > Of course, I'll have to call the FR carrier Monday and find out what is
> > really provisioned (always the best way, at least that way you're
getting
> it
> > from the horse's mouth, even if they're lying).  The customer has no
real
> > clue, as usual.
> >
> > Also, some of the FR switches at the remote ends show BW statements, but
> > more than half (the more rural areas) do not, so it's only useful if
> you've
> > got a newer route that supports it.
> >
> > --
> > Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
> > List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Homepage: http://jason.artoo.net/
> >

> > ""Greg Owens""  wrote in message
> > > Positive it is from the frame switch that is sent via LMI

EIR??