>Also, one thing that caught us off guard was that one of our providers
>  required us to register with RADB as well.

I know I was caught by this the first time I did it.  It is confusing
that the organization that assigns the AS isn't necessarily the one
that runs the associated routing registry, although that situation is
smoothing out.

ARIN, the American Registry for Internet Numbers which assigns ASNs
in the Americas, has an optional routing registry that participates
in the RADB.

In Europe, however, I believe part of RIPE-NCC's requirements for
obtaining an ASN requires that you register your policy in their
registry. Again, their registry cooperates with RADB.