From: Circusnuts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 19, 2001 07:57
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Job Fair & Cert's [7:1228]

I'd had a hard time believing a friend couldn't find a job, when holding
both
the N+ & CCNA certifications.  So- I went to a local DC job fair with him
yesterday.  My buddies resume was 1 page (CCNA with help desk experience) &
mine was 3 pages (CCNP with design & NOC experience).  None of the
exhibitors
seemed to know what category the I (CCNP) belonged in & of course I just
said
"Networking" :o)  In two instances exhibitors took my buddies resume & not
mine, because I was not a CCNA.  A third guy looked @ my resume & said they
didn't do A+ or MCP stuff :-o

Man it's rough out there & this was not an entry level fair !!!
Phil

PS- gotta admit, I've been working in the area for 2 years & had not ever
seen
half of these companies before.