You can do "autocommand" under LAT services, Line interfaces, DECnet and who
knows what else. It would look something like:

!
line vty 0 4
 login
 autocommand show ip int brief
!

HTH

Darren

At 02:33 PM 04/19/2001 -0400, EA Louie wrote:
>well, that's a little bummer, because if the user is in privileged exec
>(enable) mode, the default from a privilege perspective is to allow them
>some sort of configuration permission.  I suppose the best question is, why
>do you want to restrict them to 'show interface'?
>
>The best way to accomplish what you want is to restrict them to non-enabled
>commands so that they can't make any configuration changes.  I don't know of
>any way to restrict the show commands at the disabled EXEC mode - maybe
>someone else can help you with that.
>
>At the disabled EXEC mode, you can type ? to see what they're allowed to do.
>(there are a few other hidden commands that they can do at that level too)
>
>-e-

Darren S. Crawford
Lucent Technologies Worldwide Services
2377 Gold Meadow Way            Phone: (916) 859-5200 x310
Suite 230                               Fax: (916) 859-5201
Sacramento, CA 95670            Pager: (800) 467-1467
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Epager: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.lucent.com           Network Systems
Consultant - CCNA