>All,
>
>Any of you ever had luck on porting Juniper to a FreeBSD box?
>I heard that you could download the Junos and then tweak the BSD so that
>make it just like the real box. I know Olive, but I guess that is something
>else, although anybody can give me or tell me how to get a copy of Olive
>would be appreciated.

There is FreeBSD ancestry in JunOS, but it's more than simple
tweaking to make it run.  Juniper did its own kernel.

Aside from the very significant legal aspects, I wouldn't think of
trying to reverse-engineer JunOS without an experienced software
development team, including people who already have written router
code.

But there are ethical issues as well. Juniper wrote JunOS to sell
Juniper hardware. There's no way a "downloaded" copy of JunOS would
be legal on other platforms.

If you want to run something in a xBSD box, use an old public domain
GateD, or Zebra.