Hey Group,

I seem to be having a small problem with reverse telnet!

Here's what's configured- I setup my terminal server (2511) with a loopback
of 1.1.1.1, ip host commands for each router connected through the async
ports, and transport input all & no exec on line 1 8.

Here's the problem- when I first do a reverse telnet to any one of my
routers, something funny happens! For some reason, the text comes onto the
screen very slow, and I can't type any commands. I appear to be telnetted
into the routers, but I still can't type anything!

There is one exception though. The problem occurs only when I reverse telnet
to my 2500 series routers. The problem does not occur when I reverse telnet
to my 4000 series router.

Does anyone know what the problem here is? Am I forgetting a command or two?
Also, could anyone explain the purpose of the no exec command (I just read
it in a book, but never really though about it) on my async lines?

Thanks in advance,
Fred

P.S. All of the routers, except for the 4000, are running version 12.0
enterprise IOS