My understanding is that you can upgrade to any minor release without cost.
So if you had 11.1(1), you could upgrade to 11.1(8).  To go to a new major
release, like 11.2(1), you'd have to purchase it (or have a SmartNet
contract).

So long as a product isn't listed as DF (deferred), I wouldn't worry too
much about it unless there is an issue you're running into that TAC had told
you or found in the bug tracker system.  Usually the need to upgrade is for
new features.  If you don't need the new features and a product works and
isn't deferred, might as well stick with it (unless it's for a test lab, of
course).

I won't say my personal opinion on crappy, err, buggy software.  Micro$oft
bothers me the most, but anyone in general that charges for the "new"
version that fixes the bugs in the old just really has a lot of nerve.
Especially the new Windows 2000 ads showing a Windows 95 BDOD and says
something like, "Tired of Blue Screens?  Upgrade to Windows 2000
Professional."  I mean, what a joke.  We sold you crappy software, but we've
made better stuff now, so buy it and fix the problems we made in our
original software.  I think Computer Associates (CAI) come in second on my
"bad software" maker list (I can tell some terrible backup software
stories).

Hmm, well, maybe I did say my personal opinion *g*  It's easily to get me
off on a tangent.

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

""Maness, Drew""  wrote in message
> With the different major IOS releases, 11.1,11.2, 11.3, 12.0, 12.1...,
How