beth shriver wrote:

> I noticed this in my main config and curious as to
> what it is preventing.

Wow... you aren't the only one who has been baffled by this
cryptic message.  In fact, the millions of confused Cisco
customers must have flooded the TAC and its support people,
so some brilliant mind decided to document this, and every
other, command on the Cisco webpage!  This has become such
a popular destination for the curious of mind that the
search feature is prominently displayed right there on the
first page of their website!!

For the less curious... well...  I'm sorry.

>From their page:

no logging console

This command limits the logging messages displayed on the console
terminal to messages with a level at or below level.

The argument level is one of the following keywords, listed here
in order from the most severe to the least severe level:

     emergencies--System unusable
     alerts--Immediate action needed
     critical--Critical conditions
     errors--Error conditions
     warnings--Warning conditions
     notifications--Normal but significant condition
     informational--Informational messages only
     debugging--Debugging messages

The default is to log messages to the console at the warnings level.

The no logging console command disables logging to the console terminal.