What IOS were they running?  Did they prompt you for configuration on boot,
or already seem to have a config?  If so, use 'enable' and then 'erase
startup-config' and see if it's not enabled by default.  I have never had to
enable it on a router fresh out of the box in my short two years with Cisco
gear.

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]