I'd love something like that.  I didn't get squat for CCNA, CCDA, or
CCNP.  For CCDP I got this awful cap that no one wanting to retain any
semblence of coolness would be caught dead wearing.

>>> "Kevin Wigle"  4/24/01 5:17:26 PM >>>
Dear Group,

Got a present delivered by FedEx today.

I can remember a thread a long while back about not getting a decent
plaque
when you certified to CCDP or CCNP.

Well, Cisco Canada has started a program that does send out a neat
plaque.
It reminds me of the laser cut wooden plaque I got when I certified for
CBE
(Certified Banyan Engineer).

The plaque is 9" by 11", wooden and has a metal Cisco Bridge on it
with
"Cisco Systems" embossed.

Your name is cut into the wood as well as the sentence: "Recognized as
Cisco
Certified"

Then in a little bag are brass plates with all the certs you have
earned.
CCNA, CCDA, CCNP and CCDP (in my case).  You peel off the sticky tape
and
place them on the plaque.  A letter suggests you may want to place them
in
consideration of earning more certs!

I know the idea is the knowledge (or the journey) and not the certs (or
the
trinkets/certificates) but I have to admit that this looks cool and
somehow
suggests a more substantial achievement than a piece of paper might
indicate. (in the industry cert arena anyways)

However, I guess you get the plaque even if you've just passed
so I don't know.  Perhaps they should restrict it for the NP/DP.  I'm
not
sure I would agree that any one exam cert deserves this kind of
recognition... (easy to say since I've got more I guess)

Don't know if Cisco (US) will start this but I think that it would be
welcomed if they did.

Kevin Wigle