G'day all
Management have asked me to implement redundancy between our gateway and the
ISP should the main router fail at any time.
So i have brought a 1603 that I have at home and now I wish to use it in case
the main router go's down. At the moment, if the main router was to go down I
would have to run to the comms room plug in the 1603 (i have already
pre-configured it) and in the mean time fix the other one. Once fixed I would
have to down the replacement, plug in the 1720 (main router) and fire it up.

Is there a process where I can always have my backup router monitor the
connection to our ISP and should it fail, it make the connection ?????

Thanks for reading this long letter

johnnyB

John Brandis
Network Engineer