Hi

See in:
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/iosw/iore/prodlit/537_pp.htm
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/620/3.html#introduction

Mostly the idea is T meas it is a "beta version" or trial, you can use
it, if you want to test new features/hardware support, X and a letter
mean it is a special release for a specific support, for example,
12.07XK and 12.13aXI are for improved voice support among other things.
Sometime they make a X relase for a new router platform (there are
version for the intruduction of the 800, 1700 etc).

Regards

John Green wrote:

> please let me know about the IOS release versions
>
> eg, what exactly would the following mean ? i need to
> decipher the P ,T ,XE stuff.
>
> 11.2(11)P and above
> 11.(3)3T and above
> 12.0, 12.0(1)T - 12.0(4)T, 12.0(4)XE
>
> thanks

---
Javier Contreras Albesa
Professional Trainer

PRO IN Training S.L.
PROfessional Information Networks
World Trade Center, Moll de Barcelona S/N
Edif Sur, Planta 4

Phone: (+34) 93-5088850             E-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Fax:      (+34) 93-5088860             Internet:  http://www.proin.com

SHAPING THE FUTURE - BE PART OF IT!