It's a stunt.  His salary was like $300K.  What are his stock options for
the year worth?  I can't recall the numbers I heard (plus rumors aren't
worth much if you can't find some proof).  I found this story stating in
1997 he received 800,000 stock options for the year.  $300K is a drop in the
bucket with those sort of options (granted, you need to cash them in at the
right time).
http://www.forbes.com/asap/1998/0223/052.html

Oh, I found a better link from April '99 when he exercised 900,000 options
and then sold 850,000 of them for a profit of $80M:
http://www.xent.com/apr99/0013.html

Oh, I found even better numbers:
http://www.business.com/directory/computers_and_software/cisco_systems/peopl
e/chambers,_john_t/

I wonder if he's giving up the $1M bonus for the year?  The man has $1.23B,
yes BILLION worth of stock options.  Is it a stunt?   Hmm.  I'm not jealous,
nope, not me ;-)

Ok, $300K compared to $1B, it's 0.03% of his worth.  Whoop-tee-doo.

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]