Comments inline.

> Here is my script......anybody see any errors?
> TIA,
>  Rob H.
>
> Using 1299 out of 32512 bytes
> version 9.1
> !
> hostname CS500
> !
> enable-password gabby

As a general comment, you may want to remove or "xxxx" all
passwords prior to submitting them to the list.  It is a best
practice to do in general and you will need to do this whenever
you submit anything to TAC.  Cisco's TAC developed a macro that
will list a series of troubleshooting friendly commands such
as "show run", "show start", "show interfaces", etc.  This
command will also strip out all incriminating information, such
as passwords.  The command is "show tech".  Unfortunately, your
version of IOS does not support this command.

> !
> interface Ethernet 0
> no ip address
> shutdown
> no lat enabled
> no mop enabled
> !
> interface Loopback 0
> ip address 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.255

As a good practice, you may want to put a different (non-
publicly routable) IP address here.  Try something from the RFC
1918 series, such as 192.168.254.254 /32 .  There is no other
reason than it is a good practice.  Besides, if you ever needed
to get to the host on the Internet that owns IP addr 1.1.1.1,
you will only go as far as your loopback address:-)

> !
> ip name-server 255.255.255.255
> ip host R1 2003 1.1.1.1

Is the host table entry above the one you are trying to use?
If so, does it correspond to the port on the CS-500 that you
have R1 plugged into?  Based upon the layout of my CS-516, I
would say that if you attempted to type "R1" at the term server
command line, router R1 better be plugged into the 3rd port.

> snmp-server community
> !
> !
> line vty 0 4
> login
>
> line con 0
> transport input
> transport output

Why don't you just set the console line to "transport input
all"?

> line 1
> no exec
> monitor
> transport input telnet
> transport output telnet

If you notice above and below, you will see the command, "no
exec".  This is what is precluding you from doing anything
useful on this box.  With "no exec" enabled, you will not get
executive mode at the line.  At this point, it might just be
easier to get rid of the "no exec" from each of the lines.
Also, if you set "transport input all" and "transport output
all", you will see the other lines on transport disappear as
well.  In order to fix this problem, you will need to go to
line configration mode for each line and type, "exec".  While
you are there, type "transport input all" and "transport output
all"

HTH,

Paul Werner

Get your own "800" number