I agree that there may be other reasons to what Chambers is doing.  Appease
shareholders by forgoing his salary?  Perhaps.

But, again, I would go back to my argument from before - that it's all
relative.  Companies always get sued when their stock price crashes.
Exhibit #1 - all thosedotcoms, which crashed and burned faster than Mir.
But you hardly ever see any of those execs giving up any salary willingly.
Whenever execs lose any kind of compensation, it is almost always due to a
mandate from the Board of Directors,  and the execs fight it tooth and nail.
Chambers and company gave it up voluntarily.  Regardless or whether he may
have done it to appease ticked-off-shareholders, he still did what very few
other company execs are willing to do, and for that I can say that he is a
relatively good guy.

XC

http://www.business.com/directory/computers_and_software/cisco_systems/peopl