Hi again,

        I'm mulling over a possible issue on a (WINDOWS) lan here that uses a
Cisco 6509 with a few vlans. One of the vlans is accessable via 2 ports
(GE).
On one side of the vlan, there is the subnet master browser and, on the
other
side of the switch are more clients. These clients that are isolated from
the
master browser are failing to see browse lists. A few things complicate this
like the MBrowser is a w2k machine while the clients are win9X. While in the
Supervisor module I notice that they are not forwarding the protocols
netbios
name server and netbios datagram. Other than that everything looks OK.

What I'm wondering here is, on a Cat 6509 or on any other for that matter,
Does the Packets from the same VLAN traverse the policies on the sup module?
As in netbios requests enters ge1 then hits the access lists on the super
and
gets stopped? I would figure that being in the same vlan and broadcast
domain
that this would not be tampered with.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Dave