I'm not an expert in TACACS but I know you can have more than 1 server
specified in the routers. I mainly used it just for authentication, in which
case there was no problem whatsoever with this setup. If first specified
server is not reachable, the other is being used.
I don't think there would be an issue if I used authorization/accounting
features either. There would simply be no need to try to fall back to the
main server in case it came up while using the backup server on the current
session.

BTW, what do you mean by "terminating L2F tunnels" ?
Do you just authenticate, or you also use the authorization/accounting
features on the tunnel ?
If so, could you elaborate a bit more on this topic ?