I have done that on a PIX firewall, but not on a router. 3rd party RAM
worked fine on a PIX.

Aziz S. Islam

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
RF
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2001 4:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: can you mix and match Cisco RAM? And related RAM questions.
[7:2617]

Hi all:

Still looking to upgrade my routers on the cheap, wondering if anybody knows
any of the following.  Once again, I should state that none of my routers
will ever be in a production environment, so I am not worried about blowing
any warranty or Smartnet contract or anything like that.

1) Can you mix and match Cisco RAM, provided the memory type and form factor
is the same?  I am aware that there is a problem with mixing 2610 and 2650
RAM.  But can I take, for example, 2610 RAM  and put it in a 1750  (because
they both use 100 pin DRAM DIMM's)?   Or how about mixing 3600, 4700 and
2500 memory (all 72pin DRAM Simm's) amongst each other?

2) Is there some easy chart on CCO that shows the kind of RAM/flash each
router uses?

Thanx in advance

XC