I am curious about best practices concerning subnetting a class B address
for a large enterprise network.

If a company had 4 data centers spread throughout the globe, for example:
SanFran
Austin
London
Sydney

One might chop the class B into 4 parts and if need be, reserve some space
for growth.  But what if each site also maintained an "Internet Presence"
and
had 5 or 6 external subnets being advertised via BGP.  Would
it make sense to re-do the subnetting so that all internal addressing
was contiguous and all external addressing was contiguous?  This way,
all internal addressing could be summarized with relatively few statements,
and external nets as well. Does this sound reasonable?  I've been
browsing the CID book and other documents but havent come across
anything that seems to address these concerns.  Or would it just be better
to make sure that all nets both internal/external are contiguous for a
particular data center? Just wondering if anyone has been through this
situation. Not sure if it would matter if OSPF or EIGRP is the IGP involved.

I cc'ed Howard Berkowitz on this question -- Im told his first book is
a great reference for this area. Maybe his response would spur me to
purchase it. :-)