From:   Greg Smythe [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Thursday, May 03, 2001 12:10
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        NAT question [7:3050]

Hello --

I have some static NAT translating going on in my lab, and if I am "inside"
and try to telnet to the "outside" IP address of a machine, I get connection
refused. Telnetting to the "inside" IP address of the machine works. I do
have
an inbound access list on the "outside" interface, but it is allowing telnet
to the machine. Upon doing a show access-list command I see that the line
for
telnet is not even getting hit. So why can't I telnet to an "ouside" IP from
the "inside"? Strange thing is that I can ping the "outside" IP ok, but any
other sort of connections to it fail.

Thanks!

Greg
is unauthorized.