Best practice is to not use enable password period.  Use enable secret.
Regarding your real question, what level to set?  I've never thought or seen
anyone limiting the enable secret command (as this is the "root" command in
essence to the router).  I don't think you'd normally do this, but rather
have AAA or local users defined with levels set.

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

""Albert Lu""  wrote in message
> Hi Group,
>
> Could someone give me an explanation and "best practise" in production
> networks for the "enable password level" command? I know that it is
between
> 1-15, with level 1 the lowest and 15 the highest level for most access.
Are