On the Cisco VPN Client download page itself, it states that v3 requires
PIXv6:
http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/vpnclient-3des (linked from
http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/ which requires CCO login):
"Compatibility Information
VPN 3000 Concentrator
v3.0 - VPN Client v3.0

PIX Firewall
v5.2+ - VPN 3000 Client v2.5
v6.0 - VPN Client v3.0"

However, if you can get the Beta Win2k v2.5 client, it does support the PIX
until PIXv6 is released (or get PIXv6 beta, but I wouldn't run in a
production invironment, plus I've tried to get in on the Beta testing and
can't).

I haven't heard any dates/version, but IOS is planned to support the VPN
Client as well.  BTW: I hear PIXv6 is due out anytime now.

Depending on how many boxes you need to support (if it was just a few
netadmin boxes), you could purchase per-client licenses from IRE.com (OEM
for the original "Cisco Secure VPN Client" v1.0 & v1.1).  They've had a
Win2K version out for some time (although I've not used it).  If you need to
support a large number, you're going to have to wait for the support to be
added to IOS for the new "Unified Client" (previously known as Concentrator
3000 client), aka "Cisco VPN Client" (not "Cisco Secure VPN Client" which is
just a Cisco-branded OEM from IRE).

--
Jason Roysdon, CCNP+Security/CCDP, MCSE, CNA, Network+, A+
List email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]