On Mon, 7 May 2001, stephano mwendo wrote:

> Haloo,
> Could anyone help on how to change the router password
> remotely (not the eable secret, just the unpriveledged
> level password)

A handful of ideas. Pick any that's feasible in your setup.

3- Telnet into the router.
2- Dial into the router's con or aux port.
3- Handhold, bribe, or blackmail someone into pressing the required keys
   for you.
4. Hire a NASA space probe designer to build a remote-controlled robot
   with a camera and a 1-fingered "hand", and use that to press the
   required keys.

Just in case you're asking which commands to use, they're the same that
you would use if connected to the con port, unless you're looking for
password recovery (ie, I don't remember the password, and I need to
change/view it). In the latter case, search http://www.cisco.com/ for
"password recovery".

HTH

--
"Someone approached me and asked me to teach a javascript course. I was
about to decline, saying that my complete ignorance of the subject made