Those /24s likely have something to do with the fact that the blocks in the
A space you
mentioned are ARIN allocated CIDR blocks. I believe that ISPs tend to be a
little less
restrictive on them. Several other route-servers mirror your findings on
cerf.net.

For those of you that haven't seen it:

 http://www.arin.net/regserv/IPStats.html#cidr

--trey