Thank you,buddy.But ther's still another question:since i have only 4MB
flash on my cisco 2503,and although you compress that IOS12.0 image,it's
still much larger than 4MB,so,wher should i put the compressed
file/image?on a TFTP server?
any advance will be appreciated,thank you.

henry
2001-05-08 20:06

        f6d;6d::o
io<
        d< gh4o<
        d8;i"o<  Re: B4C0B8B4: IOS upgrade, failure [7:3513] [7: 3520]

It's very easy.
You can use Unix tools gzip to compress the IOS file .
Then change IOS file from *.bin to *.Z
Final you should have 4MB plus IOS file size(uncompress)  RAM
Then you can play IOS 12.03 with 4MB flash and 18MB(16+2)RAM
Good Luck

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote:
You can't do that upgrade,I have also a 2503 with 4MB flash, i want IOS
12.0??!!
"John Brandis"
7"<~HK#: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
2001-05-08 09:04
Gk4p84 8x "John Brandis"

        JU<~HK#:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        3-KM#:
        4+UfVB#:
        VwLb#:  IOS upgrade, failure [7:3513]
Hey all, I am back on for the day,
Have a 2503 router with suspected 4MB flash. I need to upgrade from IOS
10.2
to at least 11.3. Problem is that IOS 11.3 is 5MB.....
What can I do besides upgrade the flash.??????
John Brandis
Network Engineer
GoWireless Communications
155 George Street Sydney